2. Roberts-Hughes, R. (2011), ‘The Case for Space’, RIBA, London:
3. HATC, (2006), ‘Housing Space Standards’, Greater London Authority
5. Bennett, J. & Dixon, M. (2006) ‘Single Person Households and Social Policy: Looking Forwards’, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, York, UK. [Online], Available from:http://www.jrf.org.uk/sites/files/jrf/bennett-9781859354759.pdf [Accessed 20/05/2013]
6. Government Actuary’s Department (GAD) (2005) Population projections by the Government Actuary, 2004 based principal projection London: TSO. [Online], Available from: http://www.gad.gov.uk [Accessed 20/05/2013]
7. Summerfield C & Gill B (2005) Social Trends No. 35 2005 edition. London: TSO. [Online], Available from: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/socialtrends35/ [Accessed 20/05/2013]
8. Revell, K. & Leather P. (2000) ‘The state of UK housing A factfile on housing conditions and housing renewal policies in the UK’ , Second Edition, The Policy Press.
9.Department for Communities and Local Government, (2010) English Housing Survey: Housing Stock Report 2008, Department for Communities and Local Government, London.
10.Muthesius, S. (1982) The English Terraced House. Yale University, Press, New Haven and London,
11.Ravetz, A. (1995) The Place oh Home, English Domestic Environments, 1914-2000. Taylor & Francis Group, London.
12.Nationwide, (2008) ‘Special Feature 3: Terraced Properties Report’, House Prices. [Online], Available from: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/historical/T_Houses.pdf[Accessed 20/05/2013].
13.Domestic Architecture 1700 to 1960, (2011), [Online], Available from:http://fet.uwe.ac.uk/conweb/Index.htm [Accessed 20/05/2013]
14.Savage, J. (2011), 2050 High in Hope,
15.BRE, (1993), ‘BRE housing design handbook: energy and internal layout’, BREPress.
16. Harris, C. & Borer, P. (1998) The Whole House Book: Ecological Building Design and Materials, Second Edition, Centre for Alternative Technology, Machynlleth.
17. Zero Carbon Hub, (2009) ‘Defining a Fabric Energy Efficiency Standard for Zero Carbon Homes’, Task Group Recommendations, London.
18.Denison, E. & Yu Ren, G. (2012) The life of the British Home: An Architectural History. Wiley, London.
19. Owen, P. (2006), The rise of the machines A review of energy using products in the home from the 1970s to today, Energy Saving Trust. [Online], Available from:http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Publications2/Corporate/Research-and-insights/The-rise-of-the-machines-a-review-of-energy-using-products-in-the-home-from-the-1970s-to-today [Accessed 20/05/2013]
20. Van Den Heuvel, D., & Risselada, M., (2004), Alison and Peter Smithson – from the House of the Future to a house of today, Rotterdam: 010 Publishers.
21. Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) (2006) Table E: 2003 based:
HOUSEHOLD ESTIMATES/PROJECTIONS. London: TSO. [Online], Available from: http://www.odpm.gov.uk/embedded_object.asp?id=1164242
22. Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), (2010), ‘Code for Sustainable Homes: Technical Guide’, Communities and Local Government Publications.